Ron Paul Institute Senior Fellow Adam Dick was a guest this week of hosts Jason Burack and Eric Dubin on the always interesting Welcome to Dystopia podcast. The conversation begins with a discussion of the killings in San Bernardino, California last week and Dick’s Sunday article “‘No Gun for You!’: Obama’s ‘Soup Nazi’ Gun Control Proposal” that challenges United States President Barack Obama’s proposal that people on the No Fly List be barred from possessing guns. From there, the conversation turns to a variety of related topics.
Matters discussed in the interview include:
• the suggestion that any person who owns a few guns and a few boxes of ammunition should be suspected of planning a terrorist attack;
• the ability of the Obama administration to unilaterally impose new restrictions related to guns, including creating gun taxes or closing the so-called gun show loophole;
• bureaucrats creating No Gun Lists to bar people with supposed mental health problems from owning guns;
• states moving to lessen restrictions related to guns;
• why you should not have blind faith that Republicans and the National Rifle Association (NRA) will oppose restriction of people’s ability to legally keep and bear arms;
• the danger created by gun free zones;
• a comparison of the frequency and death rates of mass shootings in America and Europe;
• out-of-control cops with what Dick calls “kind of an occupying army attitude” killing Americans;
• how foreign intervention by the US government encourages attacks on Americans and feeds the crisis and leviathan cycle whereby government grows and liberty suffers.
Dick’s interview takes place at the beginning and end of the one-hour podcast. But, make sure to listen to the podcast’s regular features in the middle as well. There you will hear Burack and Dubin’s interesting discussion of the oil industry and the Chinese renminbi, as well as reasons for nominating Obama, the US Congress, and Facebook Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg for “Scumbag of the Week.”
Listen to the complete podcast here:
Read Dick’s Tuesday article “Don’t Believe the Hype About Gun Shootings in the US” for more information regarding some of the matters discussed in the podcast.
Reprinted with permission from the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity.